Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Can't leave well enough alone

As I typed this title I realize that this saying probably reveals my age because I don't think it's used much any more.


While I was making these cards according this tutorial
I realized that I had two issues with the design of the card.
#1 I really like a card to "fit well" in the envelope (same general size and shape)
and #2 there is no place to write on the card.
Also I guess a sort of #3 is that I really like to enjoy both sides of double sided paper.

So... although many love these cards I "couldn't leave well enough alone"
I mounted my folded paper on a piece of cardstock 5 5/8 square
I attached the corners that are cut off and put a piece of coordinating cardstock
underneath the spring part to write a note to the recipient.

I realize these are not huge changes but they made me happy!
The stacked cupcakes have sparkles on the frosting and on the single cupcake
I added crystal effects to give it a cool glossy raised surface.

This last one is so much cooler in person.
The whole tree layer is covered in glitter.
If you enlarge the picture you can see it better.
I also realized that I don't have a sentiment on here...Oops

Details on how to do this one in class Nov. 20
Oh yea, I figured out a way to fold it with no measuring or scoring!

No comments: